The cost in your own car is $220 for a full day and $140 for half day. To get in on the training it’s $260 for a full day with half day instruction and the other half taking your new skills to the track in open sessions. No lap timing is provided but Lap Timers are available to hire at $20 for the day and we can recommend a few mobile apps that work great!
The non training group includes sessions of 5 hot laps out on track in a spaced out manner which is safe and fast. You will be placed in groups of 12 cars according to times at other tracks so be sure to include a note of your best times at various tracks.
The training group includes a theory session in the morning before you head out onto the track, followed by 4 sessions out on the track in a lead follow group with the race instructor leading the pack. During these sessions you will start at 60% pace and work your way up to 100% each session whilst learning braking points, racing lines and track placement. The afternoon is then your time to set your own pace and practice what you have learned in the morning with the instructor available all afternoon to help with questions, tips and advice
The day runs from 08:00 – 16:00, be at the gates at 07:00 for the morning and 11:00 for the afternoon (gives you time to setup and sign in)!
The venue is a great learning race track with plenty run off, a mix of corner types and top class facilities.
All registered and race vehicles are welcome, this includes all drive types from FWD, RWD to AWD. See rules regarding noise and exhausts below.
The event will run for 8 hours and each training group is limited to only 8 drivers!
- All 16+ drivers welcome! (Unlicensed/Learner drivers are to have an experienced driver as passenger and experienced track drivers that are underage, 14+ experience track drivers are welcome by prior arrangement with Skid Control)
- Spectators free of charge, no passengers apart from the above conditions (with prior arrangement)
- No noise limits apply at Morgan Park!
- All vehicles are to be in a well maintained condition with no leaks or damage
- Decent tyres, brakes, fluids and a fire extinguisher are highly recommended
- Australian Standards Approved Helmets required
- Full length clothing and closed shoes are required when on the track
- No loud music, revving or general hooning off the track
Right of admission reserved, all staff reserve the right to remove anyone who does not abide by these rules, and any rules as stipulated on the day, without any refund.