Join us to learn both the fastest and safest way around this iconic Australian track!
We will be driving in 4 on track sessions of instructor led laps and a theory session before we head out! This is the most informative and hands on experience way to get into track driving!
Lakeside is one of the most challenging and respected tracks in Australia, loved by many and mastered by few! Get yourself to one of the most relaxed, and high seat time events in the country!
Lap Timers are available to hire at for the day with official Natsoft Timing and we can recommend a few mobile apps that work great. You will also need a Racers Clubman license which can be purchased on the day.
The training group includes a theory session before you head out onto the track, followed by 4 sessions out on the track in a lead-follow group with the race instructor leading the pack. During these sessions you will start at 60% pace and work your way up to 100% each session whilst learning braking points, apexes, racing lines and track placement. The instructor is available during the track day to help with questions, tips and advice
The afternoon runs from 13:00 – 16:30, be at the gates at 11:30 (gives you time to setup and sign in), compulsory drivers briefing for all drivers at 12:30.
The venue is a great challenging race track with a mix of corner types and great facilities.
All registered and race vehicles are welcome. Noise limits of 95db at 30 meters apply at Lakeside Raceway but most modified street cars are ok, bring a silencer for your loud race car if you are unsure. The training will run for 3.5 hours and each group is limited to only 14 drivers!
- All 16+ drivers welcome! (14+ experience track drivers are welcome by prior arrangement with Skid Control)
- Spectators free of charge, no passengers
- All vehicles are to be in a well maintained condition with no leaks or damage
- Decent tyres, brakes, fluids and a fire extinguisher are highly recommended
- Australian Standards Approved Helmets required
- 95db Noise limit at 30 meters
- Full length clothing and closed shoes are required when on the track
- No loud music, revving or general hooning off the dedicated track areas
Right of admission reserved, all staff reserve the right to remove anyone who does not abide by these rules, and any rules as stipulated on the day, without any refund.